City Seeking Community Volunteers for Engagement Groups
The City of Kamloops is seeking applications from Kamloops residents who are interested in serving on a volunteer basis for two of the City’s engagement groups—the Agricultural Engagement Group and the Development Cost Charges Engagement Group.
Both of these engagement groups support the work of the Development and Sustainability Committee, which is a standing committee of Council.
The Agricultural Engagement Group has openings for two members for a two-year term and the Development Cost Charges Engagement Group has openings for two members for a one-year term.
Engagement groups generally meet at least four times per year (i.e. quarterly) and serve as working/advisory groups that consist of City staff, stakeholders, and members of the public.
The City is looking for community members with the following experience and attributes:
- experience in the particular engagement group’s related fields or sectors
- experience working with City staff on plans, projects, and initiatives
- demonstrated independent and innovative thinkers
- proven collaborators who offer constructive ideas in group dialogue
- demonstrated track record of commitment to the community
Applications for these engagement group positions are open until 4:00 pm Friday, February 12, 2021. Interested applicants are asked to email a cover letter and resumé to [email protected].
Visit Kamloops.ca/Volunteer for eligibility requirements and further application details.