City of Kamloops Social Planning Engagement Group Call for Applicants
Kamloops, BC – The City of Kamloops’ Social and Community Development Section is seeking applications from Kamloops residents who are interested in serving on a voluntary basis for the Social Planning Engagement Group.
The Social Planning Engagement Group assists and supports the Community Services Committee with social issues in the community. The engagement group, which consists of nine representatives from the public and community organizations, makes recommendations and provides input on a wide variety of social planning and community well-being initiatives.
The Social Planning Engagement Group assists and supports the Community Services Committee by, among other things:
- providing coordination and support for the committee’s activities
- providing information and professional advice for the committee’s consideration
- gathering public input for matters coming within the committee’s mandate and reporting that information to the committee
- assisting in the advancement of the Kamloops Social Plan
- identifying social planning priorities
- providing input with respect to annual social planning grants
- providing input with respect to social planning issues
If you are interested in applying for a position on the Social Planning Engagement Group, please submit an online application at Kamloops.ca/Volunteer by November 30, 2020.
For specific information related to the Social Planning Engagement Group, please contact Kelly MacDonald, Social Development Coordinator, at [email protected].