The COVID-19 situation in British Columbia is continually evolving, and the information below is current as of 3:30 p.m. on Friday, April 24, 2020.
- Total confirmed cases in B.C.: 1,853
- New cases since April 23, 2020: 29
- Hospitalized cases: 96
- Intensive care: 41
- COVID-19 related deaths: 98
- Recovered: 1,114
- Long-term care and assisted-living homes currently affected: 20
- Acute-care unit outbreaks: 3
Confirmed cases by region:
- Vancouver Coastal Health: 767
- Fraser Health: 772
- Island Health: 114
- Interior Health: 158
- Northern Health: 42
New provincial advice and measures:
New federal measures:
Media availability schedule:
Upcoming scheduled media availability with Adrian Dix, Minister of Health, and Henry:
Saturday, April 25 – 1 p.m., Victoria
- 71,415 individuals have been tested as of April 24, 2020.
- If symptoms appear, check your symptoms online: https://covid19.thrive.health
- If needed, call your health-care provider or 811 for further guidance.
For the latest videos and livestreaming of COVID-19 media availabilities, visit:
For the latest medical updates, including case counts, prevention, risks and testing, visit: http://www.bccdc.ca/
Or follow @CDCofBC on Twitter.
For the provincial health officer’s orders, notices and guidance, visit: www.gov.bc.ca/phoguidance
For non-health related information, including financial, child care and education supports, travel, transportation and essential service information, visit: www.gov.bc.ca/Covid-19
Or call 1 888 COVID19 (1 888 268-4319) between 7:30 a.m. and 8 p.m. (Pacific time), seven days a week.
For recommendations on protecting yourself and your community, including for employers and businesses, visit:
For common questions about COVID-19 and terminology, visit:
Worker and employer information:
For workers and employers who need help understanding the law and their rights, have workplace health and safety questions or who need help with claims, call:
Employment Standards Branch: 1 833 236-3700
For health and safety assistance: 1 888 621-7233 (1 888 621-SAFE)
For workers and claims: 1 888 967-5377 (1 888 WORKERS)