British Columbia News
Update on B.C.’s procurement strategy shows progress
Friday, March 6, 2020 12:45 PM
The B.C. Procurement Strategy Update 2020 outlines work the Province has been doing – in collaboration with businesses and communities, as well as Indigenous peoples – to modernize its procurement system.
Key highlights in the update include:
- advancing the Indigenous Procurement Initiative by completing a provincewide consultation and releasing the “Report on What We Heard,” which reflects feedback from more than 300 Indigenous partners and businesses;
- launching the Procurement Concierge, a collaborative way for vendors to engage with government and suggest innovative solutions to government’s business challenges;
- starting user testing on the new BC Bid system, which will modernize and streamline how companies access and respond to government procurement opportunities;
- issuing 86 contracts to dozens of small- to medium-sized tech companies through the new Sprint With Us and Code With Us programs; and
- introducing other priority initiatives underway to improve procurement processes in the social services and agricultural sectors, such as Feed BC.
The Province launched B.C.’s first-ever procurement strategy in June 2018 to take full advantage of its buying power to drive economic growth, create well-paying jobs and harness made-in-B.C. innovation.
The plan is guided by four main goals:
- To realize best value and increased benefit to British Columbians.
- To make it easier to do business with government.
- To create more opportunity for businesses of all sizes.
- To build greater capacity for procurement in the B.C. Public Service.
BC Procurement Strategy overview: https://gov.bc.ca/procurementstrategy
Procurement Strategy Update 2020: http://news.gov.bc.ca/files/Procurement-Strategy-2020.pdf
Indigenous Procurement Initiative: https://www2.gov.bc.ca/IndigenousProcurementInitiative
Procurement Concierge Program: https://procurementconcierge.gov.bc.ca
Sprint With Us: https://bcdevexchange.org/sprintwithus
Code With Us: https://bcdevexchange.org/codewithus
BC Bid: https://www.bcbid.gov.bc.ca