The City of Kamloops invites interested non-profit organizations and societies to submit applications for the 2020 Social Planning Grants.
Each year, the City of Kamloops allocates approximately $90,000 for local community initiatives through Social Planning Grants. Of that, $10,000 is specifically designated to seniors’ initiatives and $45,000 is reserved for the third year of a three-year program for the social enterprises that were selected in 2018.
This year, applications are being accepted to cover operational costs, special projects, or special capital expenditures. All applications will need to demonstrate the following:
- address at least one priority of the Kamloops Social Plan
- adhere to the principles of the Sustainable Kamloops Plan
- strengthen and enhance the well-being of our community
- promote volunteering, where appropriate
- address social concerns
- improve community or agency capacity to meet specific social and/or community needs
- promote cultural understanding, as applicable
- partner with other service providers in the community
- be well publicized in the community
- occur within the city of Kamloops
The 2020 Social Planning Grant application deadline is Monday, November 1, 2019 at 8:00 am. The Social Planning Grant application process is completely electronic. To access the required 2020 Social Planning Grant application materials, please visit the City’s Social Planning Grant webpage at Kamloops.ca/Grants. Applications must be submitted using the online form.
The number of applications received each year for the Social Planning Grant program ranges from 15 to 25. Notification of approval or denial will be provided to all applicants in early December after a thorough evaluation process by the Social Planning Engagement Group (Social Planning Council), which is facilitated by City staff. Final determination of awards will be made in December 2019.